Self Storage Tips
Whether you are storing at home or with Best Choice Self Storage in Yuba City, CA, you will be storing at your own risk. Here are some helpful tips to protect your items, while also getting the most out of your available storage space.
For your convenience we sell boxes, locks and an array of moving supplies to help make your move easy
1. Use furniture covers, tarps or moving pads to keep items off the floor of the unit (this will help prevent any moisture damage from occurring).
2. Wrap Furniture legs with protective wrap, furniture cover or pads to prevent scratching. Placing a tarp over your belongings can also help prevent any possible moisture damage.
3. Do not use printed newspaper to pack with. The ink may smudge off on your items.
4. Be sure to store frequently used items at the front of the unit to avoid having to go through all other stored items to find them. Make seasonal clothing accessible, you may have your belonging in storage longer than anticipated.
5. Use valuable space inside drawers and larger appliances, such as stoves and refrigerators, to store small items: towels, linens, toys, etc.
6. Break down large items such as bed frames, large furniture, tables and keep all parts (screws & smaller items) together by taping them to the item.
7. Label all boxes on all sides for easy identification.
8. Clothing that ordinarily hangs in a closet should be packed in a wardrobe box.
9. Do not store anything flammable (such as paint or other chemicals) propane tanks, pet food or perishables.
10. When packing boxes, try to limit the weight to 30lbs. or less per box. Seal boxes with masking, packing tape.
*Best Choice Storage recommends disk locks for your safety. Always make sure your locking hasp is pushed into the locking position before you lock your unit. And, always lock your unit. We value your valuables and want you to have a safe, enjoyable experience storing your items with us.
Best Choice Storage is not responsible for damage to your stored items. It is recommended that you contact your insurance agent – homeowners, renters, or car insurance – and request to add your storage unit belongings to your current insurance plan. While we are not insurance carriers, for your convenience, we can offer you the option to purchase tenant insurance on site. For insurance purposes, make sure you take pictures of your valuable items being placed in the storage unit. If its worth storing, its worth insuring.